Primrose High School Covid-19 Management Plan – 25 May 2020
As per the Department of Education, grade 12 learners will return to Primrose High School on the 1st of June 2020. This is a challenging time for all concerned but if school employees, learners and parents work together as a team, our goal of providing the best possible education to our learners during this difficult time, will be achieved. The school has been sanitized according to regulation and all Personal Protection Equipment have been received. This will be maintained to give all concerned peace of mind.
The School Management Team and School Governing Body have implemented the following Management Plan:
- Strict adherence to the national regulations in regards to the level of lockdown. Any staff member, learner or parent that does not adhere to the regulations will be asked to leave the school premises immediately.
- Keeping to the prescribed social distancing (1.5-2meters) and wearing a mask is mandatory when any person enters the school premises.
- No grade 8-11 learners are allowed. When the Department of Education implements the staggered return to schools, the Management Plan will be adjusted accordingly and all concerned will be notified.
- All learners must enter the premises in single file through the pedestrian gate where hands will be sanitized. Students will be assisted and directed to Mr Laurens’s class, maintaining social distancing. Cleaning, sanitizing and testing will take place from 07h00 – 08h00. Gate will be opened at 07h00 and at 08h00 the gate will be closed for security purposes.
- Classes will commence at 08.10 and finish at 15.20
- As stipulated by the department, there will be no more than 20 learners per class.
- Any learner that displays symptoms of the disease during the day will be isolated in a suitable facility and parents will be contacted to remove their child from the school immediately. Only after a negative test for Covid-19, with the relevant medical documentation, will a learner, be allowed back at school.
- Possible infection guideline:
- In case of a temperature found to be higher than 37.5 degrees Celsius during entry testing, the student in question will be isolated within Mr Laurens’s class, still maintaining social distancing.
- Isolated students will have their temperature take again after 4 hours of isolation. If it is found to be within the normal range of 37 degrees Celsius, the student will be allowed to proceed to class. If it is still high, the students’ parents will be contacted to collect the child as soon as possible.
- It should be ensured that all parental or guardian as well as emergency contact information is current and correct as parents will be required to collect the learner in question as soon as possible.
- Parents and visitors are discouraged to come to the school and are requested to contact the school telephonically or via email. In case of an emergency, an appointment must be made with the relevant persons. Approval is dependent on the relative parties.
- Learners uniforms must be cleaned frequently and school bags, books and stationery sanitised. No borrowing from a fellow student will be allowed.
- The Code of Conduct of Primrose High School must be strictly adhered to at all times. Any learner that breaches the Code of Conduct will be asked to leave the school grounds immediately.
- There are still tests to be completed due to the sudden school lockdown. These test will be written on the following dates:
08/06/2020 Life Sciences
09/06/2020 Afrikaans FAL
10/06/2020 Physical Science
The tests will be written during school hours.
- There will be no extracurricular activities until further notice.
- We urge parents/guardians to pay school fees. If you are earning an income, kindly attempt to keep your school fees up to date. If you are having financial difficulties due to no work/no pay, retrenchment or salary reduction, arrangements must be made with the school. Please submit relevant documentation.
- We recommend that learners bring lunch and refreshments to school to keep them energized and motivated.
KEEP SAFETY A PRIORITY!
PROTOCOL FOR COVID-19 Management
Letters to Grade 10, 11 and 12 Parents:
Letter to Grade 12 Parents:
Letter to Grade 11 Parents:
Letter to Grade 10 Parents:
News & Events
Dear Parents / Guardians
- COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON
On behalf of the Governing Body and all the Staff Members we want to wish you a
Merry Christmas and a very prosperous 2020. The school re-opens on Wednesday
15 January 2020.
- TERM DATES 2020
1st Term – 15 January to 20 March
2nd Term – 31 March to 12 June
3rd Term – 7 July to 18 September
4th Term – 29 September to 2 December
- PAYMENT OF SCHOOL FEES
- Additional Fees
Gr. 10 – 12 learners that take CAT as a subject – R600-00 per year
Gr. 10 – 12 learners that take a Technical Subject – R800-00 per year
3.1 Please budget thoroughly for your child’s school fees and other financial obligations.
3.2 School fees are payable monthly from January to November. If you pay your child’s school fees
before the end of February a 10% reduction will be granted.
Quite a number of parents have not paid the registration fee of R3 000-00. The outstanding registration fees must be paid.
4.1 Suppliers of school uniforms
- EBSONS – Victoria Street 100, Germiston – Tel. 011 873-3288
- Adam Kara – Rietfontein Road, Primrose – Tel. 011 822-1970
4.2 Please take note that a tie is compulsory in the winter for all learners. The new
red pullover and jersey are available for only the grade 11 and 12 learners.
Please see to it that your child has a decent schoolbag (i.e. bag with the necessary reinforcements so that text books and exercise books are not damaged). Back bags or
sports bags are not acceptable. This is a matter of great concern seeing that it damages
It is very important that all textbooks must be covered with plastic to prevent the books
- Stationary List
Please look at the stationary list for 2020. The list includes all the basic stationary
that a learner needs. Please make sure that your child has all the basic stationary.
- Important dates
Inter House – 31 January 2020
Inter High – 10 February 2020
Enjoy your December holiday!
PRIMROSE HIGH SCHOOL
ABSA BANK – GERMISTON
CHEQUE ACCOUNT 01110440134
BRANCH CODE: 630 142
PLEASE FAX OR E-MAIL THE DEPOSIT SLIP OR PROOF OF PAYMENT TO
0865582257 / email@example.com
REFERENCE: CHILDS NAME, SURNAME AND GRADE